Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #13225 : Microloops
2007-01-18 18:13
Steppe

Release id #13225 : Microloops

Afaik there was also a Microloops II and III, but I can't seem to find a trace of it on the net. Anyone have it and would like to add it?

... 13 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-01-19 08:59
TDJ

Hey hey hey, it's a new kind of elitism: "my warez are too good for csdb, the masses don't deserve them!"
2007-01-19 11:57
Twoflower

Well, I would not be surprised if such a movement actually would arise. At CSDb or C64.sk, only the newest stuff seems to get any notice. A good demo, released at the wrong time in the warezflow can easily dissapear without almost noone noticing, pushed out of the last fifty releases by cracks from Crypt, a new game from Richard, re-releases of the Crypt-cracks with HEMA+Urine intros ontop of them or just some random tunes with uninspired players. Or why not a new quantizer for converting PC images to strange interlaced C64-formats? Heck, just since the last release of NSR, I bet I can pick out atleast five such demos.

I believe CMP's intention was to let people discover his two music-collections through the channels he chose to distribute them through. If you want to listen to the music, it is readily available through HVSC, as mentioned earlier.
2007-01-19 12:38
macx

Some elitism can be healthy :-)

(and it is not that Taper is THAT hard in giving out access to his board)
2007-01-20 07:19
Laxity

If you want to govern csdb by stupid politics, elitism is just what we need. Bring out the flags!
2007-01-20 07:41
Jon
Account closed

Quote: If you want to govern csdb by stupid politics, elitism is just what we need. Bring out the flags!

If we want..? The CSDB IS governed by stupid politics, elitism and cliqueism of the worst sort. it's like watching twenty grown men playing "king of the hill" on an ant mound.

I've learned to live with it and love it. You should too. ;)

-Ninj

2007-01-20 08:55
Laxity

I am living with it, that's for sure ;).. And I do not disagree in the CSDb mechanisms as they are. I like it a lot here, and am merely stating my view on the subject of elitism of releases. I do not think that some releases are more valid than others, just because the majority of the "kings of the hill" as you so nicely put it, think so. I believe that there should be room here for everybody - expirienced or not, elite or not. I enjoy these small graphics or music or basic or whatever productions that are released that show peoples creativity. I even enjoy the way commenting works - even though harshness and elitism is expressed heavily in those. Don't presume that I cannot live with it, accept the fact that I, as you, use my right to express my thoughts - and be assured that I respect what other people write here, even though I might disagree.
2007-01-20 10:24
CreaMD

Quote: Well, I would not be surprised if such a movement actually would arise. At CSDb or C64.sk, only the newest stuff seems to get any notice. A good demo, released at the wrong time in the warezflow can easily dissapear without almost noone noticing, pushed out of the last fifty releases by cracks from Crypt, a new game from Richard, re-releases of the Crypt-cracks with HEMA+Urine intros ontop of them or just some random tunes with uninspired players. Or why not a new quantizer for converting PC images to strange interlaced C64-formats? Heck, just since the last release of NSR, I bet I can pick out atleast five such demos.

I believe CMP's intention was to let people discover his two music-collections through the channels he chose to distribute them through. If you want to listen to the music, it is readily available through HVSC, as mentioned earlier.

It's called supply and demand.. there is so low ammount of good releases lately that editing of current general news isn't that tight. If there was 100-200 news a month there would be a demand to differentiate between them. If we have 1-3 news per day and 1 good release a week, I really wonder how can anyone miss anything. Also there are other things like latest downloads, comments, forums, even disk magazines where anyone can bring interest to valuable release. As far as Richard, Crypt, HEMA+Urina are concerned, who is responsible that their stuff is so prominent? Not sites like c64.sk or CSDB. I can decide to block WDR, or crackers of today's games, but I can't disallow someone who actually *does* something to have his 5 minutes of fame. Especially because he is one click away from adding of the news and learned to use that function for his own good. Everyone who complaints should start to sweep around his place and do something.

Purpose of c64.sk is to give creative scener a way to spread his stuff and eventually give others one place where to look for new stuff and other kind of more-or-less strictly c64 scene related things. It's face is shaped according to how scene behaves. If we are lazy, the c64 news will have more news about things that aren't directly connected to creative c64 scene.

As for CMP chosing other channels to spread his stuff. I don't know what was behind his decision, but I'm not against it. If it eventually hits the "internet" as something fresh it will sooner or later get into news and scene database anyway. If someone *puts it there*, that is, because CSDB and C64.sk are open sites.. anyone can add stuff. In case of c64.sk you don't even have to get your account, you're just one click away from around 700 unique visitors a day. I'm sure that at least 51% of of them are desperately looking for some new fresh art to check ;-)
2007-01-20 11:41
chatGPZ

somehow this reminds me of that stupid "we spread it via mail and don't upload" attitude that arised some years back.
2007-01-20 11:59
Steppe

Quite odd to limit your audience like that, but ok, if he intends to spread it in the "real undergound" only, so be it.
Question is, if someone adds it here, would CMP come over and delete it?
2007-01-20 12:13
TDJ

Also, I don't get the logic: "if I put it on csdb it will be lost amidst all the other releases and almost nobody will download it so instead I put it out in a way that even less people will download it!" :Z
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Mr SQL
bugjam
Luca/FIRE
d'Arc/Topaz Beerline
Acidchild/Padua
FunFun/Triangle