Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #4372 : FBR
2008-01-27 20:22
chatGPZ

Group id #4372 : FBR

is this the german "fake FBR" mentioned in the trivia of Asphuxia ? i stumbled about Batman, who was a member of that group, and supposedly also of FBR ... however it then probably was the german one, not the US one?

also can someone who is more into ntsc scene go through the "real" fbr memberlist and see if there are other cases like this? i am not very familiar with their history :)

edit: this one most probably was made by the german fbr: Amnesia 2 (?)

edit2: i talked to the byte bandit ... he doesnt really remember either, but atleast (like i thought too) he said that to his knowledge there never were any non US members in FBR .... that leaves these people as suspicious: Enjoy (where does it say he was in FBR?) ... Mad Max (somehow i remember him beeing from US though, but the profile doesnt say so, can someone confirm?) ... Cowboy ...
also these two releases are most likely related to the fake fbr: FBR Belgium Intro and Myth +D.

and contrary to roughs comment, fbr never installed a european division. quoting tbb: "a little after i left fbr, a bunch of losers took over (i was the last member left from 2nd generation fbr) and started dbx... there was a euro group who decided to call themselves fbr as well, but don't know too much about them.." (thats pretty much how i remember it too, it was one of the things that made me leave the scene stuff behind at that time)

... 1 post hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2008-01-28 04:04
chatGPZ

Party mentions some more people: django/transit (one of the other djangos in the database?), SPY/FBR (not in the database yet), Freddy/Matrix (which freddy is it?), Sino/Aidon (is in the database), Gotcha/Crazy... judging from the scrolltext, django should be credited for coding.

*shrug*
2008-01-29 22:29
Kater
Account closed

As I know from myself, I was member of FBR - Section Germany. Some guys from South Germany had contacts to the USA Guys and as I remeber, one or two US guys of them asked if APX (Asphuxia) want to get a Section for trading there new warez in Europe. SO "FBR Germany was born". There are also still some own cracks and demo releases from FBR Germany! But I have left the group short time before FBR USA died, because nothing was really clear in fact for me!
2008-01-30 02:50
chatGPZ

ninjasbane: would be pretty cool if hellstar could sort this out... i remember this whole issue beeing really messy even back then :)
2008-01-30 07:47
Zyron

FBR was discussed before: Norwegian FBR?
I started that thread when I found Don't Hesitate made by a FBR from Norway.
2008-01-30 08:02
chatGPZ

not that this thread really brought answers =D

(ok, maybe except tristan confirming that the belgian FBR actually was related to the original US one)
2010-09-28 21:14
Rough
Account closed

what I know...

Panorama: two different groups came up in the turn of 89/90 with that name, 1) The Shadows guys from Norway who founded this as legal only group and 2) a bunch of Germans (e.g. TWF/Asphuxia, later Hitmen). Shortly after the Norwegians discovered the Germans who were lamers in their eyes and quickly renamed into the well-known Panoramic Designs.

FBR: I'm 95% sure FBR Germany + Belgium were valid sections of FBR USA, I remember text in magazines telling about the above mentioned expansion worldwide, and also in following discussions it was publicly announced that both FBRs are the same. This is not any kind of proof (needs to read some old mags) but more than what some Ronski lamer or his fake burps. Never heard of a Norwegian FBR.
2010-09-29 07:27
Moloch

Just a few bits here, but there was quite a bit of talk back in the day on the boards about "the new FBR" and how it was certainly not the same caliber as "old FBR". This could have been about the almost total change in members, the possible worldwide expansion, or both.

It's certainly something to read about. Unfortunately, we don't have nearly enough issues of Influx or similar US based magazines to read. I've usually found 95% of the Euro based magazines of the time to be riddled with inaccurate information when it came to US news.
2011-04-11 19:40
Rough
Account closed

Quoting Groepaz
Enjoy (where does it say he was in FBR?)

Mamba #02 (December 16th, 1989) says he left FBR to join DDT.
and
in the demo Animal/Full Force (December 30th, 1989) he's credited for a logo as Enjoy/FBR .
2015-12-01 15:39
Acidchild

as Spy has written some text in the fbr-release Party and as he is from cologne, same town for what this demo was made for and as he is listed as a member of FBR Germany i think we safely can remove the FBR - group-entry. any objections?
2015-12-15 15:36
iAN CooG

done
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
hedning/G★P
Dymo/G★P
csabanw
Murphy/Exceed
elkmoose
Guests online: 317