Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Nicron ! (Registered 2024-05-21) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #1689 : Silesia Party 5
2010-10-08 10:32
booker
Account closed

Event id #1689 : Silesia Party 5

2SID compo is planned to run on HardSID this time (not Via vice likw in previous party editions). We have 2SID C64 available but it's just too big to bring it over from UK on the plane :)

Also, it's planned musicians participating in the compo would be given some short time to play either a samples of their compo-tune instruments (or anything else on C64) and have a tweak on the mixer EQ settings (within reasonable limits :) ), which then would be used during the music compo, giving a chance to be the producer of the tune from the beginning... to the end. Compo will still remain anonymous, of course.

Another thing planned, this time for graphicans: a fairly higher quality big-screen and projector.

2010-10-08 11:21
Conrad

Quote:
We have 2SID C64 available but it's just too big to bring it over from UK on the plane :)

Yeah, all thanks to the spineless government and their pathetic "size + weight limits" of our suitcases >:( Plus you have to take all electronics out of your case during scanning, because of counter-terrorism! One look at leming's modded C64 and they'll think we're part of the IRA! xD

Anyway, glad there's a Silesia 5 coming up! Checking your instruments is a nice idea, but wouldn't that consume too much time, as well as sneak previewing our tunes to people?
2010-10-08 12:41
booker
Account closed

Quoting Conrad
Checking your instruments is a nice idea, but wouldn't that consume too much time, as well as sneak previewing our tunes to people?

Well, the idea was the sneak previews (instruments only, and no notes of the compo tune allowed - aaaaand no pressure on that, you can play my tunes only during your slot :D) would spice up what will happen on the compo itself ;)

As to time consuming. Yes it is some extra work...but there is plenty of time before crazy compos on Saturday (I believe). I was thinking about that time. Test time max. 1 min. of a playtime - should be enough ;) or more if there will be less people interested in mastering ;)
2010-10-08 15:46
Zer0-X

Hmm...
2010-10-08 19:00
wacek

Bookah, maybe a better idea is that the musicians tweak the eq using any other tune they choose (not the compo one). If you set it up so the tracks you know sound good to you (meaning, similar to the setup you use at home), your compo zak will also sound ok!

Fe. I can make a good eq for my tracks, using the track used in "Biba 2".
2010-10-08 23:13
Hate Bush

i think that a simple soundcheck using 3-4 tunes with different 'mix profile' would do. we have some dudes that know their way around a mixing console - moog, wackee etc. - on board, so that should suffice i'd say.
2010-10-08 23:17
booker
Account closed

Quoting wackee
Bookah, maybe a better idea is that the musicians tweak the eq using any other tune they choose (not the compo one). If you set it up so the tracks you know sound good to you (meaning, similar to the setup you use at home), your compo zak will also sound ok!

Fe. I can make a good eq for my tracks, using the track used in "Biba 2".

Yeah, I think that would be it!

2010-10-09 07:09
wacek

Randall, actually I prefer booker's idea that every musician can have his own setup. No whining "the sound was fucked up, I could have won", you know, that would be priceless! ;)

But main point of focus should be the visuals, finally the s-video connection & all... :) And let's plan some more extras in between :)
2010-10-09 07:32
Cresh

Yeah, you come and check the setup.
Then you play your tune.
That's anonymous. Like hell.
2010-10-09 09:15
booker
Account closed

Quoting Cresh
Yeah, you come and check the setup.
Then you play your tune.
That's anonymous. Like hell.

The muscian won't play own tune durring the compo, nor come over to the mixer console :) And indeed playing instument samples of compo tune is too much (I agree here with Wacek). Also it's about letting the musican to be the full producer, rather than relaying on anyone else idea how-the-sound-system-setup should be (again, within reasonable limits 8) ). Anyway, it wouldn't be compulsory anyway so....

And yes, the bigscreen & stuff FTW.

2010-10-09 10:55
wacek

Cresh, that's why I suggest checking the setup on a tune different than the compo tune ;)

Then the sound responsible person (Warlock?) writes down the setup on a piece of paper, and during the compo he would set up the eq and then play the tune (not the author). Clean and easy.

... 6 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Linus/MSL
Flavioweb/🇮🇹HF..
Hagar/The Supply Team
Acidchild/Padua
Paul Bearer
zenda