Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > ik+ Graphics.
2007-02-22 15:37
Bones99

ik+ Graphics.

Hi .
I'm working on a remake of IK+ for PC, my plan is to make it network enabled with a lobby system so that it works on a winner-stays-in basis , and challengers can queue to challenge the champion over the internet. The problem I have is that I cant draw :( and even if I could it would be pointless to re-create all the gfx by hand).

I wonder if anyone knows where I could get the graphics from ? I wrote a ripper and found the sprite data using a ccs64 freeze file, but I cant seem to understand that pattern in which the graphics are loaded.

Any version(c64,amiga,ST etc) of the gfx is welcome.
Can anyone help ?

... 14 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-02-23 12:32
Scout

Quote:
As for certain companies and a lack of payment... we never did get the cash for Turbocharge!

System 3 again.. :-S
Is that Mark Cale still in the (videogame) business?
Not that I have any plans but I'm just curious.
2007-02-23 16:39
Scout

Quote: Quote:
As for certain companies and a lack of payment... we never did get the cash for Turbocharge!

System 3 again.. :-S
Is that Mark Cale still in the (videogame) business?
Not that I have any plans but I'm just curious.

I can answer this question myself:

http://www.remix64.com/mark_cale_system_3_in_trouble_again___.h..

2007-02-23 22:22
Motion
Account closed

I have the Original of International Karate on the PSOne, and Mark Cale is still out there. He owns the PC Budget label, "Play-IT".
2007-02-23 23:04
SIDWAVE
Account closed

You should read McLeans scrolltext in "Let's Scroll It" - about how they basicly stole IK+ from him (didnt pay him)

Let's Scroll It!
2007-02-23 23:11
Motion
Account closed

Mark Cale had three Ferraris, one Red, one White and one Black. Not because he was successful, but because he had very good lawyers that could twist and distort just about anything, including your nipples! (Ouch!).
2007-02-25 21:20
Bones99

Hi
I realize this probably doesn't belong in the c64 pixeling section anymore, but I thought I'd just follow up.

This little preview does n't show all that much, just the proof-of-concept I'm working on. Its written entirely in Delphi 6 using the Delphix 2000 components and what you see there took me about 6 hours to put togeather. Thanks muchly to ant512 and the friendly folks over at the Atari-forum for their kind words of encouragement.

I realize all the copyright implications and am hoping someone will volunteer to help redo the gfx , that way there will be as little copyright infringement threat as possible ..

I have to stress also that I am doing this as an educational excersize ONLY , I do not expect to make any money and would hate to tread on anyones toes , if anyone has a legitimate reason, I will cease work on this IMMEDIATELY god knows I'm just trying to have a little fun, not get involved in any legal battles ..

Tell me what you think. :)

Have a look here

Oh yeah .. nearly forgot
Keys:

Left cursor - walk left
Right cursor - walk right
Up cursor - Jump
Down cursor - foot sweep

Left cursor + x - Back flip
Right cursor + down - lunge punch
Up-right + x - double kick
2007-02-25 21:28
cadaver

It's a nice start, but what it really needs is getting rid of that "sliding" motion. For the classic karategame feeling, only move your sprite when also changing animation frame.
2007-02-25 22:14
Motion
Account closed

Someone has already coded a flash version of the game, go take a look - it's quite impressive. I just remembered it, saw it some years ago. infact, it looks like the original!

http://ant.simianzombie.com/games/ik/ik.php
2007-02-25 22:17
Bones99

Quote: Someone has already coded a flash version of the game, go take a look - it's quite impressive. I just remembered it, saw it some years ago. infact, it looks like the original!

http://ant.simianzombie.com/games/ik/ik.php

Yeah .. I've been in touch with him, he helped me source sum resources ..
its not multiplayer online though thats my target ;)
2007-02-27 21:09
Bones99

Quote: It's a nice start, but what it really needs is getting rid of that "sliding" motion. For the classic karategame feeling, only move your sprite when also changing animation frame.

Thanks.

I've done some work on fixing the movement, I think its a lot better (use the original dl link to try it out) the player no longer glides along the floor, and I did a little work on the network element, but my brother has now decided to re-work his server-client model from the ground up so I have to wait for him to get that done before net connectivity becomes a reality.
I'm also worried about facing the other direction ..

I have all the graphics for the 'facing right' animations, and I thought I could simply flip the sprite if the player turns around, but there doesn;t seem to be any easy way of doing that. The other option is to flip the entire animations bitmap and set up a second index map for that ERG! So much work .. but hey .. no pain no gain

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Brittle/Dentifrice^(?)
Low Spirit
kbs/Pht/Lxt
ϵʟʞ/ₐтₐ
Da Snake
sebalozlepsi