Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > the ed and joe graphic spam bomb
2007-02-03 18:34
Burglar

the ed and joe graphic spam bomb

guys, do we really need those tons and tons of already released material to csdb? I think not.

especially when you don't even upload a file with it. if I want to see your stuff, I'll check the original production.

... 79 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-02-03 21:16
Ed

Zyron: sorry But I simply had to use your .sid example. I think it was a good example of the blind spot on csdb. To bad it had to be you that got to be my example, but...

What you shall or shall not do is not any concern of mine. You have made some good tunes, some bad. Hey taste is free, right?

To me it would probably be as hard to find among your stuff if you added the 400 releases, but then again 400 aint that much. But sure, it takes time... And perhaps time is also an issue here... We are talking about 20 years of production stuffed in collections. Hard to isolate. But obviously that is also the problem concerning this issue: hard to isolate the facts from fiction.

Now can I upload a dvd instead? What should I do? all the video releases have vanished from csdb. these were priceless documents due to the fact that there are no harddisk place for them. but come on. wd is a dvd at maximum. maybe some more if we add on some pc, amiga, stuff. So where should I store all this?

Would it worked if i kept the dupes inside the releases instead, like Mermaid did?

You want me to remove the dupes, sure. will do. will include the dupes in a more fancy way: Would like like to see it as comments instead perhaps?

Come one. When is this going to end? The releases are open and will stay that way. Go ahead. remove them. take the consequenses. Leave me with no choise around here. tell me how to vote and think and how I should react. Where is the fucking freedom man? Responsibility? Is that it? yeeez

Now. relax. I am not angry. Just had one of my drama queen moments :) let the show continue
2007-02-03 21:39
jailbird

Btw. personally I don't mind the release-attack too much, there are a lot of beautiful stuff there. But I must agree with Bulgrar, TDJ and Zyron in some points, it is already very hard to navigate trough the WD releases (did you actually realised what have you done? :D ), and search queries for some of the products lead to bloated result pages.

And I'm also afraid that a lot of Joe's amazing graphics will left unnoticed this way - I don't even know where to click or comment any more and only a day has passed since Ed started his upload session. That's not my problem all right but still, some of those pieces would definitely deserve much more attention.

Releasing the unreleased stuff slowly, day by day... Now that would make much more sense IMHO.
2007-02-03 21:49
Ed

Hehe. Jailbird I love you and please. please, dont take this as no sarcasm or anything allright, true words. but hey I am no gay so dont imagine too much ;D

If the releases would have been spread over 1 release each day, it would have taken around 150 days... That is much and time consuming. This way a couple of hours of hard work makes us to relax for the rest of time ;D

Who has for instance been the number one voter on csdb? Yeah, takes time but some hours of hard work will make people happy. I am generous in my votes and at times I am no pussy wanker but a honest man.

We have probably made something unique here, maybe not (WDR was close I know..) and I think we will sort this mess up in a day or two. when the drama queen thing is gone.

I wonder what would have happened if I never told you guys what Joe was up to, or if it was not possible to see the newly added releases (after all, all we did at most was releaese .png files.. there is nightmare still waiting! ;D)

2007-02-03 21:55
Zyron

My personal opinion:

"Add release" - that's what it says when you want to add a release. This is where to click when you want to add a _release_. If you click this you should add a release. If you click "add release" & don't add a release you're not doing what you clicked to do & should cancel.

It's really quite simple.
2007-02-03 22:00
jailbird

Quoting Ed
Who has for instance been the number one voter on csdb?
Hold on guys, I just realised what's going on here! Now that Ed grabbed the first place on the Top Voters chart, he got all excited and now wants to rule the Top Submitter chart and set WD to the #1 spot of the Top 10 productive groups chart as well: Ed wants to become the new master of the fun-stuff statistics!!!

;D
2007-02-03 22:02
bfl
Account closed

Please stop discussing.It is annoying.

Let us rip all games apart and make entries for everything included,gfx,sound and so on...

Dupes forever!oneoneone
2007-02-03 22:04
Ed

Jailbird: yes!!!! ;D

The green bubblegum again... (sorry not this time, but it gives you a slight rush to be a top voter, by only voting.. I dont remember any disc-magazine worth voting that much for.. but proove me wrong... Brutal Recall? Shock? hmmm )

2007-02-03 22:05
Ed

bfl: go ahead. This is going to be very interesting and yes. go on annoyed doing so also. :) puss and good night
2007-02-03 22:05
Joe

Zyron: You lost my confidence in everything, you didn't even try to read my lines, I'm lost and I'm most disapointed in even having the pleasure of meeting you.

Jailbird: No, we tried to prove that we actually cared and that we had an genuine interest in the scene, somewhat from the builders of this gigantic apparatus didn't seem to have part from spamming the spread with dust.
2007-02-03 22:08
Ed

Quote: Quoting Ed
Who has for instance been the number one voter on csdb?
Hold on guys, I just realised what's going on here! Now that Ed grabbed the first place on the Top Voters chart, he got all excited and now wants to rule the Top Submitter chart and set WD to the #1 spot of the Top 10 productive groups chart as well: Ed wants to become the new master of the fun-stuff statistics!!!

;D

Jailbird: i think you could share some conspiration theory to others ;D

and now:

PM button PM button PM button.. oh PM button?
monkey button monkey button monkey button

zyron if you feel like helping out give me a call ok, I am in the book... I gave you some .d64 today after all.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
El Jefe/Slackers^sidD
Guests online: 116
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Mojo  (9.7)