Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > a plea from an old schooler
2010-07-17 16:03
STE'86

a plea from an old schooler

please dont use modified PAL emulating screenshots for pictures on this site.

people may want to use this site to download unmodified c64 art in gif or png format with pure pixel definition.

if they want to see the stuff in highly debatable pal emulation mode people can download the PRG files and view them in that mode on an emulator.

Thanks
Steve

... 167 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-07-20 20:48
Oswald

Quote: Oh, there's that democracy Oswald mentioned.

Picking the nits for a cheap win. CSDb (Perff) almost always fullfills user requests for site changes, if there's enough demand,
2010-07-20 20:57
JCB
Account closed

Quote: Picking the nits for a cheap win. CSDb (Perff) almost always fullfills user requests for site changes, if there's enough demand,

No "win" in it, I told you it's some of you guys seeing it as a competition to win, if you don't want people bringing up what you say in a discussion, don't say it.

2010-07-20 21:16
Count Zero

So yawn to discuss with ppl that last saw a real machine months ago and dont own... snore...

Download the content! Display blurry preview images to all guests - flipped to all users!
2010-07-20 22:23
Oswald

Quote: No "win" in it, I told you it's some of you guys seeing it as a competition to win, if you don't want people bringing up what you say in a discussion, don't say it.

"I think that some people see this type of shit as an argument to win and will twist things people say so they have something to attack." -> "Oh, there's that democracy Oswald mentioned."
2010-07-20 22:32
JCB
Account closed

Quote: "I think that some people see this type of shit as an argument to win and will twist things people say so they have something to attack." -> "Oh, there's that democracy Oswald mentioned."

That's not twisting what you said, just pointing out the ridiculous situation of you telling us it's a democracy and groepaz telling us we HAVE to do it a certain way and like it. It wasn't even aimed at you but you seem to have taken it that way, so be it.

2010-07-20 22:40
Oswald

This got stupidly out of hands. I have nothing against you Pete or STE personally, please accept from me a virtual beer, and let's keep it cool.
2010-07-20 22:53
JCB
Account closed

Quote: This got stupidly out of hands. I have nothing against you Pete or STE personally, please accept from me a virtual beer, and let's keep it cool.

Agreed. You actually seem to have the mostly same opinions we're trying to get across, that people shouldn't be forced to look at things in a certain way, to us that just includes forcing palettes on artists, but somewhere along the line it's all gotten confused and tangled into some other stuff, probably due to all the noise being produced in the thread that really had nothing to do with what we were trying to talk about.
2010-07-21 11:02
chatGPZ

"That's not twisting what you said, just pointing out the ridiculous situation of you telling us it's a democracy and groepaz telling us we HAVE to do it a certain way and like it."
even in every democracy you have to live by the rules set up by someone one else. its the one and only way a society works.
2010-07-21 11:15
JCB
Account closed

Quote: "That's not twisting what you said, just pointing out the ridiculous situation of you telling us it's a democracy and groepaz telling us we HAVE to do it a certain way and like it."
even in every democracy you have to live by the rules set up by someone one else. its the one and only way a society works.

Heeere we go again. A democracy at least denotes some kind of voting system, I've got no problem conforming to something there's a majority decision on as there's always the option to remove images if they're deemed to be "ruined" by the owner. You seem to just be saying we'll decide and you're stuck with it.

I've also seen no absolute reason for not doing it the way we asked, just excuses and it's all rhetorical/theoretical anyway so to keep starting this thread up again is perpetuating an argument for no actual reason.

2010-07-21 11:23
chatGPZ

you just dont *accept* the reasons given. entirely your own problem.

and no, we dont have a voting system. we don't believe in the thousend monkey theory, go to wikipedia if you want that.

and as oswald says, we DO listen to the users. get the majority of users behind you, then come back. but please dont ask us to help you in the process.
Previous - 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | ... | 18 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Tim/Silicon Limited
Unkle K/Reset Magazi..
Airwolf/F4CG
Microtop/Starion
Case/Padua
Murphy/Exceed