Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Michael Jackson
2009-06-30 08:08
JSL

Michael Jackson

hey C64 scene,

Regarding the death of Michael Jackson, Yogibear/Ptv is asking himself if anyone in the scene is in the mood to do a musiccollection of MJ, there about 50 tunes covered from him on this machine, so if you want to work with Yogibear on this, send him a PM on CSDb..

... 62 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2009-07-01 12:07
enthusi

Maybe many or most of us are used to being "different" and living/working in a niche.

Some became like that through the scene or maybe vice versa even. Nonconformity is reflected in several parts of my life. Not just c64 related. Maybe for a reason, maybe some sort of retraction from dull grey outside world. Maybe individualism, maybe fear of failure.
Anyway, in all of these cases, people are repelled by hype (at least I am) - the animosity is directly correlated to the amout of people in hype; even regardless of the story behind it. For some this may go too(?) far. To protect individualism and ones own secure environment, we attack the common, the hype.
People make jokes about i.e. MJ because TOO many people do the opposite these days. I'd bet it would be the same theother way round. In fact it is with c64 ;-) The more people mock it, the harder we work on showing them!
We are doomed to be psychologically crammed in a niche, dont blame us for it.
However I think this thread would have been better off without comments whatsoever ;-)
Cheers,
enthusi

2009-07-01 12:20
chatGPZ

Quote:
Jokes is one thing, but turning nearly every thread into a circus is another.

nearly every thread. please. there hasn't been a thread like this for quite a while now, and the most active threads were totally on topic and also quite productive.

i recommend a reality check, asap.

Quote:
It would be cool if CSDb turned a bit more "on topic" (although I don't really expect that to happen :)..

see above. as for this thread - life is tough, get a helmet. really.

btw noone complained so far (to the moderators), neither JSL nor anyone else, so there is no single reason to go mad and remove (debatable) funny posts. (which we might indeed do if someone complains for a good reason) if we did so, people would just dance the evil-nazi-moderators-censor dance and moan that it would be cool if csdb would turn a bit more "free" (but they don't expect it to happen) :=P

Your Butt Is Mine
Gonna Tell You Right
Just Show Your Face
In Broad Daylight
I'm Telling You
On How I Feel
Gonna Hurt Your Mind
Don't Shoot To Kill
Come On
2009-07-01 12:28
Moloch

Oh shit, the blame game starts again ...

"you smelt it, you dealt it"
2009-07-01 12:59
Frantic

Sure.. Yes, I agree that it is indeed an overstatement to say that nearly every thread is a circus. Still, I think there is a bunch of users here who never really say anything sensible at all, and that is probably what I was thinking about really. It is not like can't really live with that, with or without a helmet. ;) I guess I just get a bit bored by it in the long run. But, but... I'll stick with simply disliking the public appearance of some people here, and let them go on with their business (yes, I am god). ;)

However, here comes a +1 vote for more nazi-like mods. Thou shalt not be afraid of the mob! What is so scary about a little of the nazi-mod dance?
2009-07-01 13:19
yago

Moonwalker
2009-07-01 13:20
Mace

JSL asked around to see if people were interested in joining forces to make a Michael Jackson demo.
That was the only purpose of the thread.

I expect people who _are_ interested to PM him to get things sorted.
That left us with a rather useless thread, so why blame people for turning it into a circus?

Also, a lot of posts weren't off topic: they were either jokes about MJ or related to the actions within the thread itself.

As soon as you divert too much from the REAL topic (C-64), you can expect behaviour like this.
I really don't see what the problem is.
2009-07-01 13:28
chatGPZ

that pretty much perfectly sums up why none of the moderators stepped in and regulated this "discussion" :)
2009-07-01 13:47
SIDWAVE
Account closed

>However I think this thread would have been better off >without comments whatsoever ;-)
>Cheers,
>enthusi

My point.

The only posts that should have been here, are from people saying yes, they want to work with yogibear, or give ideas how to do it.

So my final point is: got nothing meaningful to say ?
Then please write your crap in the Bitching Topic instead.
2009-07-01 13:50
SIDWAVE
Account closed

But to open your eyes how bad it really is,
lets see where the thread goes to crap ?

It starts at post #4 and #5

What is wrong with this, post #5 written by a moderator, extrapolates the madness, and accelerates it.

And its by far not the first time.

That says all..
2009-07-01 13:50
Moloch

Rambones lives in a perfect world, we must all remember this.

... and if you can't handle some peoples "public appearance" here, whats the big deal? Whats different here than anywhere else in the world?
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Wolk/Software of Swe..
Jetboy/Elysium
Exploding Fi../Techn..
Guests online: 109
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)