Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Deleted entries
2004-01-27 18:43
midfit
Account closed

Deleted entries

Thanks to some pathetic loser several entries got deleted from the database:

- Powerplant & Doc / Legend
- Excel / Legend
- Hero / Illusion
- Crossbow/Crest
- Excell / Legend
- A-Man / Legend

(Verified by Midfit & Westbam)

- Deus Ex Machina (Demo) by Crest
- Electric / Extend

(Verified by Mermaid)

Some dude seems to be online and is still deleting entries. Users online look as following :

midfit *
iopop/triad *
Westbam/Legend.. *
Perff/No Name *
Phiber *
Nafcom/P.o.L... *
Twoflower/Triad *
ice00 *

... 100 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-01-30 13:58
psychobilly/x-RSI
Account closed

Once we had some kind of a rule or at least a good and fair custom not to mix scene with real life.

For people who were active in an illegal scene (cracker) this kind of gentlemen's agreement was essential to ensure the existence of the cracking scene. I am well aware that this wise custom has been violated quite frequently in the past.

But we are supposed to learn from the past, right? And, we are no teenagers anymore who get easily wild on pretty minor things...(ok, there are always exceptions to the rule;))..therefore, I think it is not a good idea to post anybody's personal data on a public website/board or whatever else produces conflicts with the law enforcement agencies.

Stefan aka Psychobilly/x-RSI
2004-01-30 14:11
Celtic
Administrator

@: CreamD: but thinking about it, the posts you make are surely about to create a new flame war. It aint their fault that the database was wrecked, it was SM's fault.

I am not taking any sides here. but please just let this one slide. Everybody here is now seriously making an effort to get the deleted entries back, including them. Don't start that discussion all over again. Please...

*lets keep this topic on-topic*

and restore as much as possible, and maybe add a little more, as all here (newschool & Oldschool) like to see this database bigger and better.

2004-01-30 14:22
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: Guys. What I have said and what you have replied???

...active. Creative. Non-retro. Straigtforward. Sincere. Supportive. Pragmatic. Above the things. Concerning the C64 scene, these words aren't just infertile phrases for me.

While some of you were just elephants in the porcelane shop... the result of your fun is clearly visible on the current state of this database.

Dude, I do not intend to stab on you until now. If you´d like to have some flames with Radar, no problem. I am the last person that doesn´t like flames to be exact...

But it truely pisses me off when you try to come up with your kind of humour(or whatever you tried to establish on here) while we are seriously thinking how to avoid damages like this again...

Right now, it simply does not matter if the charts are correct voted due to the fact that major votings, contents and the like are gone...

To give you a hint of what I´m talking about, Eaglesoft is granted #2 on the top groups. That is hilarious. Sure they were around pretty early. Sure they did some major releases but they didn´t have "the" big quantity nor were there cracks too good... Take at the single cracker charts, it is completely messed up right now due to loads of info missing...

I think this is not the right subboard to come up with posts like that.... Go do a sub like "I hate Radar 4 life" and have fun...
2004-01-30 14:24
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: Once we had some kind of a rule or at least a good and fair custom not to mix scene with real life.

For people who were active in an illegal scene (cracker) this kind of gentlemen's agreement was essential to ensure the existence of the cracking scene. I am well aware that this wise custom has been violated quite frequently in the past.

But we are supposed to learn from the past, right? And, we are no teenagers anymore who get easily wild on pretty minor things...(ok, there are always exceptions to the rule;))..therefore, I think it is not a good idea to post anybody's personal data on a public website/board or whatever else produces conflicts with the law enforcement agencies.

Stefan aka Psychobilly/x-RSI

I think it´s rather funny that especially a former RSI member comes up with these, indeed, correct words considering that it were mainly RSI members that threatened everyone and his brother that they´d beat them up on the next occasion....

But I guess that is another prove that you finally grew up!
2004-01-30 14:35
midfit
Account closed

@Celtic: My respect for your post. One couldn't have reacted better.

@CreaMD: Could it be that we can consider your last post as a little derailing? Just to mark it out: Nobody else than Mr. Secret Man was the elephant.

@Westbam: I absolutly share your opinion on Eagle Soft Incorporated :) I had to suffer under their cracks(???) of L.A. Crackdown, Boot Camp, Platoon... *cough* Done by Mitch.. *cough*
2004-01-30 14:43
CyberBrain
Administrator

I did some copy/pasting from google's cache from 17-01-2004 and wrote a quick, dirty and simple program to compare it with the stuff which were in CSDb tonight.

This seems to be what was deleted since 17-01-2004 (assuming that i didn't make any mistakes, my program didn't get confused and ignoring the fact that people have added some of it again):

groups:

- horizon [readded]
- censor design [readded]

events:

<none>

releases:

3: Andi und Tobi im Märchenland (C64 4K Intro)
6: Brutal Comeback (C64 Demo)
7: Brutality (C64 Demo)
8: Bumpmania (C64 Demo)
9: Camel Park (C64 Demo)
11: Coma Job (C64 Demo)
12: Coma Light 12 (C64 Demo)
13: Courtesy of Soviet (C64 Demo)
14: Digital Madness (C64 Demo)
15: Doc Bacardi Meets Doc Sportdryck (C64 Demo)
16: Drop The Basics (C64 Demo)
17: Eldorado (C64 Demo)
18: Elite - The Intro! (C64 4K Intro)
19: Elysion (C64 Demo)
20: Endless Playmobil (C64 Fake Demo)
21: Extremes (C64 Demo)
22: Graphixmania 2 (C64 Demo)
23: Illmatic (C64 Demo)
24: Industrial Breakdown (C64 Demo)
25: Interruptus Retriggerus (C64 One-File Demo)
26: Krestyron (C64 One-File Demo)
27: Legendary Style 2 (C64 Demo)
28: Legendary Style 3 (C64 Demo)
29: Legoland 3 (C64 Demo)
30: loaded (C64 Demo)
34: One-Der (C64 One-File Demo)
35: Opium (C64 Demo)
36: our Greatness (C64 Demo)
37: Outbreak (C64 One-File Demo)
38: Parts (C64 Demo)
39: Pretending to see the light (C64 Demo)
40: Psykolog (C64 Demo)
41: R.I.P. (C64 Graphics)
42: Radio Napalm (C64 Demo)
43: Royal Arte 100% (C64 Demo)
44: Royal Touch (C64 Demo)
45: So-phisticated III (C64 Demo)
46: Tales of Mystery (C64 Demo)
47: Tears 90% (C64 Demo)
48: That's The Way It Is (C64 One-File Demo)
49: The Last Reactor III (C64 Demo)
50: The Last Traktor III (C64 Demo)
51: The Train + SCPU Ramdisk (C64 Crack)
52: Unsound Minds (C64 Demo)
53: Void (C64 Demo)
55: Wonderland X (C64 Demo) [readded]
56: World of Code 3 (C64 Demo)
xx: Attitude #7

sceners:

1: A-Man (Steven Diemer)
2: Antitrack (Alexander)
3: Arthur van Jole (Arthur van Jole)
4: Autoboy (Mats Andrén)
5: Autofire
6: Baal
7: Bacchus (Pontus Berg) [his 2 other handles are in CSDb]
8: Bad Cat (Robert)
9: Bagder (Daniel Stenberg) [readded]
10: Barfly (Henri Lauronen)
11: Baze (Thomas Jørgensen)
12: Bionomix
13: Blacksilver (Marcus) [??]
14: Bod (Darren Hagan) [??]
16: Brainkiller
17: Buzz [??]
18: Chris Hülsbeck (Chris Hülsbeck) [FFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!! 10000+ CREDITS LOST!!!!!]
19: Cresh (Witold Bryndza)
20: Culture Jammer
21: Cupid (Chris Heilmann)
22: Cycleburner (Even Scharning)
24: Deekay (Daniel Kottmair)
25: Dennis (Jan Meeus)
26: Derbyshire Ram (Barry Joynes)
27: Dr. Voice (Mikko Antikainen)
28: Dr.W
29: Duce (Ari Seppä)
30: Duke (Alex Hylke)
34: Excell (Brian Hansen)
35: Faith (Harald)
36: Firefox (Ron van Schaik)
37: Flamingo (Oskar Stal)
38: Freddie (Anders Hansen)
39: Gaap
41: GI Hero (Henri Lauronen)
42: Glasnost (Peter)
43: Glenn Rune Gallefoss (Glenn Rune Gallefoss) [readded][ http://web.archive.org/web/20020723070701/noname.c64.org/csdb/s.. ]
44: Gotcha (Dario)
45: Gremlin (Olli Auvinen)
46: HBH (Haavar B. Hojem) [readded]
47: Hero (Odd Harry Bakkli)
48: Hero
49: Hobbit (Alain Jansen)
50: Hungry Hero
51: Jack (Marko Herold)
52: Jack Daniels (Tobias Richter)
53: Jammer (Kamil Wolnikowski)
54: Janitor (Pär Winzell) [readded]
55: JMH (Johnny Holmvåg)
56: Johannes Bjerregaard (Johannes Bjerregaard) [FFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!! 10000+ CREDITS LOST!!!!!]
58: King George W Hussain
59: Krabat
60: Krill (Gunnar Ruthenberg)
61: lordnikon (Robert Doerfler)
62: MagerValp (Per Olofsson)
63: Martin Galway (Martin Galway)
64: Matt Gray (Matt Gray)
65: Mr Z (Zoltan) [readded]
66: Mr Zeropage
67: Mr. Museum (Michael Weigel)
68: Mr. Sex (Tatu Blomberg)
69: Newscopy (Per Jacobsson)
70: Nik (Nickolas Stark)
71: Olav Mørkrid (Olav Mørkrid)
72: Oswald (Zoltan Tallosy)
73: Pigeon (Nickolas Stark)
74: Powerplant (Benjamin)
75: Psy the Hero [readded]
76: Punk Executioner
77: Rapper (Jeroen)
78: Remix (Can YALCIN)
79: Rob Hubbard (Rob Hubbard) [FFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!! 10000+ CREDITS LOST!!!!!]
81: Rolemodel
82: Scortia (Thomas Bendt)
83: Shogoon (Wojciech Radziejewski)
84: Shokray (Marco Bein)
85: Skinhead (Jochen)
86: Skyflash (Dan Hovang)
87: Snacky (Sigi Jagott) [readded]
88: Spinjammer
89: Stefano Tognon (Stefano Tognon)
90: The Elegance (Arne)
91: The hero
92: The Human Autofire (Jesper Christensen)
93: The Raver (Marco Bein)
94: Tim Follin (Tim Follin)
95: Timelord (Emiel de Bruin)
96: Timelord (Achim Piepenstock)
97: Tri-Dos
98: Trimen
99: Tristan (Scott)
100: Valsary (Pawel Petkowicz)
102: Woice (Daniel Oestman) [wrong handle (id=6920) - see "woise" (id=1112)]
103: Yabba (Stefan Burström) [readded]
104: Yedo
105: Zapotek (Sveinung Bergkvist)
106: Zero The Hero (Haavar B. Hojem) [readded]
XXX: firefox (Ron Van Schaik) [readded]

as said, it shouldn't be seen as the 100% truth (there could be a few not there, or too many in there) but it's a good pointer to what got lost
2004-01-30 14:52
CyberBrain
Administrator

heh, i see that i didn't get names from google's cache starting with symbols or numbers...

for example +H2k is also missing.

+H2k: http://web.archive.org/web/20021117154240/noname.c64.org/csdb/r..

wonder if i can find those names in googles cache too...
2004-01-30 15:35
psychobilly/x-RSI
Account closed

Quote: I think it´s rather funny that especially a former RSI member comes up with these, indeed, correct words considering that it were mainly RSI members that threatened everyone and his brother that they´d beat them up on the next occasion....

But I guess that is another prove that you finally grew up!

Naw, bullshit like this was quite common and not specifical for a single group only. Plus, it makes a difference to keep arguments inside the scene or threat/use law enforcement agencies. In either case no demonstration of pre-eminence. The latter was contrary to the rules of the scene though.

Hmm, my presence here actually demonstrates the opposite of being truly grown-up... 8)

s.
2004-01-30 15:44
CreaMD

Quote: Dude, I do not intend to stab on you until now. If you´d like to have some flames with Radar, no problem. I am the last person that doesn´t like flames to be exact...

But it truely pisses me off when you try to come up with your kind of humour(or whatever you tried to establish on here) while we are seriously thinking how to avoid damages like this again...

Right now, it simply does not matter if the charts are correct voted due to the fact that major votings, contents and the like are gone...

To give you a hint of what I´m talking about, Eaglesoft is granted #2 on the top groups. That is hilarious. Sure they were around pretty early. Sure they did some major releases but they didn´t have "the" big quantity nor were there cracks too good... Take at the single cracker charts, it is completely messed up right now due to loads of info missing...

I think this is not the right subboard to come up with posts like that.... Go do a sub like "I hate Radar 4 life" and have fun...

"But it truely pisses me off when you try to come up with your kind of humour(or whatever you tried to establish on here) while we are seriously thinking how to avoid damages like this again..."

So my kind of humour pisses you off? Check on what I was reacting: "And that one voting has been his own one... Great!" Still pissed off by my humour?
2004-01-30 15:49
CyberBrain
Administrator

Let us discuss our common hate to eachother in other threads, and use this for discussing the deleted entries. (as the topic would suggest we should)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
St0rmfr0nt/Quantum
Beast/Crescent
jmin
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Da Snake
Falborg