Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Domination #17 - Shit news - Here's the proper story!
2002-11-27 18:50
Richard

Domination #17 - Shit news - Here's the proper story!

What's the big idea posting shit about Excess and me as an Excess member? I'm not an Excess member. We know who the culprit is posting shit about Excess, when it wasn't Excess' fault but mine.

I admit that I passed my game 'Bomb Chase' to St0rmfr0nt/Excess via Email, because Urine (or should I say Onslaught) had first released a beta-version of this game which weren't meant to be spread. Later on, St0rmfr0nt/Excess firstreleased a properly trained version of this game (Which loads of people enjoyed) and added to the releasenote about Urine's version of the game being beta.

A day later St0rmfr0nt Emailed me asking me why I did a fake Excess release of Bomb Chase, and that I wasn't a member or Excess (Nor shall I be because I'm in 2 groups already). I told St0rmfr0nt the truth and told him that there's a lamer somewhere who probably thought it would be funny to do a fake Excess release.

I was really pissed off and we were suspicious that Jazzcat could have been behind the prank, after the Urine release had proved to be some fake. Urine tried to re-release the proper version of Bomb Chase but failed, because I asked all FTP owners to remove the release, as I had a feeling that Urine was really going to piss hard on my work.

I come up with a cunning plan (not so clever) which was create a FAKE ONSLAUGHT firstrelease of the same game. I also uploaded a few versions of Bomb Chase (Not Excess ones though, but TND. One with TND intro with a message attacking Onslaught, and another with no intro). I also uploaded a note to remove the fakes and just keep the genuine TND (intro-less) version of my game, and also the PROPER 'Excess' version of the game.

And (pant, pant) that's how the story goes. I am NOT (i repeat) NOT and Excess member, but a regular friendly contact with Excess. But from now on, I think I should let other groups try first releases of my work - for competition, no matter what. The Urine of Bomb Chase must have been some sort of joke. That game was too good to be lame - or was it to do with the graphics I prepared using Jon's the Multi-Screen Construction Kit?

If anyone adds to any news any more crap about either TND or Excess. We will be sure to bite back. Just wait and see.

I apologise for the grief I have cause concerning the uploading of the FTP's, but now....I think we are owed an apology!

... 95 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2002-11-29 18:33
T.M.R
Account closed

The Cosine stuff goes out with an intro on it for two reasons. Either we did all the linking and crunching work so why let anyone else get away with introlinking to that (Commodore Zone stuff was always onefiled and crunched fairly cleanly) or, in the case of Co-Axis, i put quite a bit of work into defreezing it and patching the bugs.

In the latter case, it's almost a crack (although nobody gave me any points for all that work!) since i built it from a ten-year-old frozen original without the source... =-)
2002-11-29 20:36
Moloch

After reading this posting from Richard and others he has posted other places - all I can say is be glad it's 2002. If you were doing all this nonsense back when there was a "real" wares scene you'd be crushed...

Sometimes people do release things under lamer labels to mess with the group that cracked it or made it. Good example was a full price game Arcade cracked and they gave to NEI for releasing. Horrible quality game... wasn't worth the NEI name. So I slapped an AFROS intro on the front and released it. Thinking back, I did the same thing with a crack from G*P also. Which lead to lots of fun both times... :)

Just keep in mind - this is 2002. Your serious attitude could've helped you, or maybe hindered depending which group you joined, back in 1988. These days I believe most people do this for fun.

2002-11-30 16:55
Richard

Quote: After reading this posting from Richard and others he has posted other places - all I can say is be glad it's 2002. If you were doing all this nonsense back when there was a "real" wares scene you'd be crushed...

Sometimes people do release things under lamer labels to mess with the group that cracked it or made it. Good example was a full price game Arcade cracked and they gave to NEI for releasing. Horrible quality game... wasn't worth the NEI name. So I slapped an AFROS intro on the front and released it. Thinking back, I did the same thing with a crack from G*P also. Which lead to lots of fun both times... :)

Just keep in mind - this is 2002. Your serious attitude could've helped you, or maybe hindered depending which group you joined, back in 1988. These days I believe most people do this for fun.

I am starting to uderstand about the scene of today now. I did not realise that these people were just doing these silly things for fun :)
2002-11-30 18:28
T.M.R
Account closed

That depends on how you define "silly" really, if you made an arse of yourself for any reason in the Olde Days (tm) everyone else would be down on you like a ton of bricks. These days, they're more sarcastic than anything else...
2002-12-01 17:44
Richard

I'd better behave. :)
2002-12-01 20:48
Dane
Account closed

21 posts about some Bayliss-related news in an issue of Domination focusing on the demo scene - none about Twoflower's fabulous article on the state of the scene today and what can be done about it. Why bother with this anymore? Whether Richard has released a crap release under this or that name doesn't matter a flying f**k to me, but apparently it does to others. And it seems it's of bloody importance to him as well. Forgive me, but I thought there were better things to do. You guys ever heard of demos?
2002-12-01 21:06
Pater Pi
Account closed

Demos?
Aren't those games wich lack some features and only have 1 or 2 levels to make people buy the full version?
2002-12-02 09:51
Jazzcat

I am with DANE on this one, one small 'human' error and all these posts regarding it. Yet hours and hours and hours of work put into other things within the mag and not a damn whisper.

I am sorry, but "Domination" and "shit"news don't belong in the same sentence.

2002-12-02 12:09
cadaver

This is cheap soap-opera on the boards :)

Perhaps Twoflower's article was too well written, and people thought that just posting "yeah, well said" or "agree 100%" wouldn't be worth it. I'd like to see some responses from SCPU & C=1 fans... :)

2002-12-02 12:43
Warbaby
Account closed

Domination is one of the few REAL mags of today. It's great the way it is but I think it's time for a new outfit.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
encore
Soya/Fairlight
Flavioweb/🇮🇹HF..
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
Guests online: 99
Top Demos