Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Domination #17 - Shit news - Here's the proper story!
2002-11-27 18:50
Richard

Domination #17 - Shit news - Here's the proper story!

What's the big idea posting shit about Excess and me as an Excess member? I'm not an Excess member. We know who the culprit is posting shit about Excess, when it wasn't Excess' fault but mine.

I admit that I passed my game 'Bomb Chase' to St0rmfr0nt/Excess via Email, because Urine (or should I say Onslaught) had first released a beta-version of this game which weren't meant to be spread. Later on, St0rmfr0nt/Excess firstreleased a properly trained version of this game (Which loads of people enjoyed) and added to the releasenote about Urine's version of the game being beta.

A day later St0rmfr0nt Emailed me asking me why I did a fake Excess release of Bomb Chase, and that I wasn't a member or Excess (Nor shall I be because I'm in 2 groups already). I told St0rmfr0nt the truth and told him that there's a lamer somewhere who probably thought it would be funny to do a fake Excess release.

I was really pissed off and we were suspicious that Jazzcat could have been behind the prank, after the Urine release had proved to be some fake. Urine tried to re-release the proper version of Bomb Chase but failed, because I asked all FTP owners to remove the release, as I had a feeling that Urine was really going to piss hard on my work.

I come up with a cunning plan (not so clever) which was create a FAKE ONSLAUGHT firstrelease of the same game. I also uploaded a few versions of Bomb Chase (Not Excess ones though, but TND. One with TND intro with a message attacking Onslaught, and another with no intro). I also uploaded a note to remove the fakes and just keep the genuine TND (intro-less) version of my game, and also the PROPER 'Excess' version of the game.

And (pant, pant) that's how the story goes. I am NOT (i repeat) NOT and Excess member, but a regular friendly contact with Excess. But from now on, I think I should let other groups try first releases of my work - for competition, no matter what. The Urine of Bomb Chase must have been some sort of joke. That game was too good to be lame - or was it to do with the graphics I prepared using Jon's the Multi-Screen Construction Kit?

If anyone adds to any news any more crap about either TND or Excess. We will be sure to bite back. Just wait and see.

I apologise for the grief I have cause concerning the uploading of the FTP's, but now....I think we are owed an apology!

... 95 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2002-12-12 08:29
Jazzcat

My Retro Replay works fine with Domination.

The main thing is that it works on C64, if it doesn't work on AR/RR I am not concerned, as these can be unplugged.

2003-01-02 23:11
Count Zero

Yeah ... AR/RR always works fine for me aswell ... :)))

Maybe I even find time soonish to do something for more compatibility.

For heavens sake I check such forums here so rarely that I even tend to forget my PW. :)

However, sentences from the original post such as:

>But from now on, I think I should let other groups try
>first releases of my work - for competition, no matter what.

make me smile .. foolish little penguins creating software where intro-makers come back to reality ...

l8r

Count Zero

2003-01-05 10:59
Nafcom

Hello there!

I would also like to add some words, here.

Well, this topic got expand a lot.

As for Richard games; I like them. As re-cracking or any lame group label: I don't think such things are really necessary.
Why to start a lame label to fool or have some fun?!
If instead, a real group label would do something instead of a lame group label, it would be more productive.

I don't think there is a need to do mistakes twice.

As for Richards games, tunes, texts, etc: I like them a lot!
And well also his games are quite funny sometimes.
I mean, it makes just fun to play them; So, I want to say: "Well done!".

I agree with Moloch: Meanwhile time has surely changed.

It is very fair of Richard to excuse, but the whole "DOM Shit News" things doesn't annoy me too much, I mean there are more important things in C64 scene to face!

Richard really wants to help anybody and I never had the feeling, that he wanted to fool or annoy anybody.

He is a great scene supporter and I hope he will keep doing so always! I think many sceners and productions would never have come that far without it his help.

I am really greatful for his support and I appreciate it a lot.

I agree with rOuGh, there is no need to excuse such many times.

This discussion goes a fairly fair way!

As for "Domination": I think there is no need to do a change about magsys or such. I had more troubles with "Vandalism" about crashes, but never had any troubles with "Domination". It gives a special feeling by reading!
So, please keep it that way!

Well, about "SWO":

It's like "The Overkiller" said: I am not too happy about this "pathetic" comment, also.

I know, not everybody will like our style of "SWO" diskmag and well, we don't follow other diskmags. Why should be "copy" concepts and ways from other diskmags?!
I think it's better to hove one's own way and style.

Some like it, some not.
But the amount of people who like it, is (in my eyes) bigger than the people who don't like it.
On the other side, in same issue of "Domination" they left some nice comments about SWO and "P.o.L." so thanks to them, too!

I hope I haven't forgot anything! :)

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2003-01-05 13:18
hollowman

>But the amount of people who like it, is (in my eyes) >bigger than the people who don't like it.
>On the other side, in same issue of "Domination" they left >some nice comments about SWO and "P.o.L." so thanks to >them, too!

you might think so, but then on the remainings of the c64 scene today it is customary to just pat your friends on the back and never say anything negative.
i havent talked to anyone yet who actually likes sceneworld, and i dont like the magazine either. i think the name isnt very well chosen since most people think of the crackingscene or the demoscene when they hear it, and might think that they will get a good view on whats going on if they read the mag. i could criticize the content, but there is hardly any.

there is surely people who like the magazine, but then there are people who are satisfied with playing richards
games and watching "demos" such as the contributions to the christmas compo aswell.
2003-01-05 13:35
Nafcom

Quote: >But the amount of people who like it, is (in my eyes) >bigger than the people who don't like it.
>On the other side, in same issue of "Domination" they left >some nice comments about SWO and "P.o.L." so thanks to >them, too!

you might think so, but then on the remainings of the c64 scene today it is customary to just pat your friends on the back and never say anything negative.
i havent talked to anyone yet who actually likes sceneworld, and i dont like the magazine either. i think the name isnt very well chosen since most people think of the crackingscene or the demoscene when they hear it, and might think that they will get a good view on whats going on if they read the mag. i could criticize the content, but there is hardly any.

there is surely people who like the magazine, but then there are people who are satisfied with playing richards
games and watching "demos" such as the contributions to the christmas compo aswell.

Okay, but then you would have to say, that every diskmag which doesn't cover demo/cracking scene mainly or only is bad.
I mean, for example "Arachnophobia" does not contain too much cracking scene and is also more around the whole scene, than just only demo and cracking one.

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2003-01-05 13:35
cadaver

Yep, people shouldn't fear death of C64scene that much as to accept shit-magazines, shit-games, shit-demos etc.

If one doesn't have time or skill to do it properly, it'd be better to not do it at all. Or at least, don't release it to public. :)

Now that wasn't friendly wasn't it?
2003-01-05 13:44
Nafcom

Quote: Yep, people shouldn't fear death of C64scene that much as to accept shit-magazines, shit-games, shit-demos etc.

If one doesn't have time or skill to do it properly, it'd be better to not do it at all. Or at least, don't release it to public. :)

Now that wasn't friendly wasn't it?

But what's shit or not shit is very subjective and can't said in general.

Everybody is entitled to his meaning, but everybody has different taste.

Well, well, fraindly or not, it is your honest point of view, Lasse!

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2003-01-05 13:47
cadaver

Yes, of course it is subjective. Simply, no-one should hold back any personal opinions, negative or positive, just because of "supporting the C64 scene", IMO :)
2003-01-05 13:59
Nafcom

Quote: Yes, of course it is subjective. Simply, no-one should hold back any personal opinions, negative or positive, just because of "supporting the C64 scene", IMO :)

Okay, good that we think the same.

It doesn't mean, if things are "shit" for me, that they are automatically shit for others or in general!

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2003-01-05 16:12
Eyeth
Account closed

Quote: Yes, of course it is subjective. Simply, no-one should hold back any personal opinions, negative or positive, just because of "supporting the C64 scene", IMO :)

Hello.

I feel this happens a lot in the NTSC scene; We're far too polite when it comes to new NTSC releases, because they are scarce lately.

We want to encourage further artistic innovation for our CBM's in the NTSC scene and thus, refrain from such criticism.

I do find the PAL scene more refreshing; They do criticize and demand better work. But will the PAL scene change if releases become a lot more scarcer like it has here in NTSC-land?

Either way, I have a thick skin. I've released some stuff and some people said my efforts weren't good. I just take it as constructive criticism and strive to be better.

Enjoy! :)
-Todd Elliott
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Wiklund/Fairlight
psych
Jazzcat/Onslaught
Didi/Laxity
Airwolf/F4CG
Icon/TRIAD