Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Domination #17 - Shit news - Here's the proper story!
2002-11-27 18:50
Richard

Domination #17 - Shit news - Here's the proper story!

What's the big idea posting shit about Excess and me as an Excess member? I'm not an Excess member. We know who the culprit is posting shit about Excess, when it wasn't Excess' fault but mine.

I admit that I passed my game 'Bomb Chase' to St0rmfr0nt/Excess via Email, because Urine (or should I say Onslaught) had first released a beta-version of this game which weren't meant to be spread. Later on, St0rmfr0nt/Excess firstreleased a properly trained version of this game (Which loads of people enjoyed) and added to the releasenote about Urine's version of the game being beta.

A day later St0rmfr0nt Emailed me asking me why I did a fake Excess release of Bomb Chase, and that I wasn't a member or Excess (Nor shall I be because I'm in 2 groups already). I told St0rmfr0nt the truth and told him that there's a lamer somewhere who probably thought it would be funny to do a fake Excess release.

I was really pissed off and we were suspicious that Jazzcat could have been behind the prank, after the Urine release had proved to be some fake. Urine tried to re-release the proper version of Bomb Chase but failed, because I asked all FTP owners to remove the release, as I had a feeling that Urine was really going to piss hard on my work.

I come up with a cunning plan (not so clever) which was create a FAKE ONSLAUGHT firstrelease of the same game. I also uploaded a few versions of Bomb Chase (Not Excess ones though, but TND. One with TND intro with a message attacking Onslaught, and another with no intro). I also uploaded a note to remove the fakes and just keep the genuine TND (intro-less) version of my game, and also the PROPER 'Excess' version of the game.

And (pant, pant) that's how the story goes. I am NOT (i repeat) NOT and Excess member, but a regular friendly contact with Excess. But from now on, I think I should let other groups try first releases of my work - for competition, no matter what. The Urine of Bomb Chase must have been some sort of joke. That game was too good to be lame - or was it to do with the graphics I prepared using Jon's the Multi-Screen Construction Kit?

If anyone adds to any news any more crap about either TND or Excess. We will be sure to bite back. Just wait and see.

I apologise for the grief I have cause concerning the uploading of the FTP's, but now....I think we are owed an apology!

... 95 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-01-05 23:08
Commander
Account closed

Cadaver:

Did you think that my words were for you...? Well, if you think so...
But my words were for all sceners, the general scene. And the ones who think that some of my words suits him, he better can think about it.

Cadaver: you maybe don't tell someone to stop, but some others are doing or it sounds like they are thinking that way.

I can give also bad critics, but these critics don't have to hurt someone. I can say to some one : "Hey, your gfx doesn't suit me well." instead of "Hey, your gfx are shit, stop with that!".
Anyway, thanks for reading my words...
2003-01-05 23:10
Nafcom

Quote: Simple, NTSC guys should try to surpass the best past works of the NTSC scene :)

Well, then they need a motivation maker. Most NTSCeners are allrounders and single worker!...

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2003-01-05 23:12
Nafcom

Quote: There are things that suck, where you have to be 'very subjective' to like it. But still, it's okay that it's being released. We don't need censorship on stuff just because it sucks like hell :)

about richards games: the *few* (2 or 3 - i'm not so much a game-person) i've tried i think were okay. No extreme coding, but they were fun enough to play, and i guess that was the point.

Bjarke, you really understood what I mean! Thanks! :)

I am not alone anymore with my opinion, that's nice! Really!

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2003-01-05 23:14
Nafcom

Quote: Cadaver:

Did you think that my words were for you...? Well, if you think so...
But my words were for all sceners, the general scene. And the ones who think that some of my words suits him, he better can think about it.

Cadaver: you maybe don't tell someone to stop, but some others are doing or it sounds like they are thinking that way.

I can give also bad critics, but these critics don't have to hurt someone. I can say to some one : "Hey, your gfx doesn't suit me well." instead of "Hey, your gfx are shit, stop with that!".
Anyway, thanks for reading my words...

There is something most people forget about:

Everbody had a start, and surely started with something little (=shit for some), but they are all improving!

We are hopefully all improving!

That's the hope and thinking I have!

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2003-01-05 23:18
cadaver

No censorship needed.. It's all in what the author wants to achieve, and what the audience wants to see, it should be self-regulating :)

As for Rich's games, I agree they can be enjoyable in their own way, at least for a short time. I just wish he would stop advertising them like he's the sole saviour of the C64 game scene, or something :)

2003-01-05 23:20
cadaver

Commander: I sent you a PM but to clarify to the rest, no I didn't think.
2003-01-05 23:24
Nafcom

Quote: No censorship needed.. It's all in what the author wants to achieve, and what the audience wants to see, it should be self-regulating :)

As for Rich's games, I agree they can be enjoyable in their own way, at least for a short time. I just wish he would stop advertising them like he's the sole saviour of the C64 game scene, or something :)

Okay, well, so there are not tooo bad in your eyes...

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2003-01-05 23:31
cadaver

Btw. the reason for these quite bitter messages on my part is the built-up anger from implementing yet another GoatTracker feature, that (as usual) I won't use myself.. This is absolutely the last time I give in...
2003-01-05 23:35
Nafcom

Quote: Btw. the reason for these quite bitter messages on my part is the built-up anger from implementing yet another GoatTracker feature, that (as usual) I won't use myself.. This is absolutely the last time I give in...

Hmm, sorry, did not know about!

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2003-01-07 16:44
T.M.R
Account closed

Hey Cadaver, whilst you're in the Goat source any chance of adding... [grins, ducks, runs like fuck! =-]
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Didi/Laxity
CA$H/TRiAD
Strepto/Lethargy
Airwolf/F4CG
nanzee/Chocotrophy
Shmendric