Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user dstar ! (Registered 2024-05-25) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > Graphics on C64 demoscene: Guide of Ethics – a Proposal
2023-12-22 18:03
Sander

Graphics on C64 demoscene: Guide of Ethics – a Proposal

Dear fellow sceners,

This is an attempt to get more understanding among, and for, C64 demoscene pixel artists. It’s not written to limit anyone, but a prayer for more transparency.

Read the document here: ->Graphics on C64 demoscene: Guide of Ethics – a Proposal<-

We tried to give define and value different processes. Which is a result of discussion, where we saw mutual grounds and felt the need to write these down.
We will update the document periodically, when enough input has been gathered and sorted out.

We’d really love to hear your thoughts on the subjects in the document.
Please post them in this thread.

(Personally I will not always fully comply to these guidelines myself, but I will continue to be transparant about it. However, I do agree with the values communicated in this document.)

... 137 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-12-26 18:50
Joe

Let’s just see how fun 2024 starts, with copies in music, art and demo-effects. I guess it will be just as hilarious as this year has been? I hope Propaganda News is also released, I made an image for that mag 1 year ago, and it's the last time I make an image which who’s up 1 year later.
2023-12-26 22:31
hedning

Quote: Let’s just see how fun 2024 starts, with copies in music, art and demo-effects. I guess it will be just as hilarious as this year has been? I hope Propaganda News is also released, I made an image for that mag 1 year ago, and it's the last time I make an image which who’s up 1 year later.

I am sorry for that. I'll talk to you in private about that. We are 3 months after deadline for Propa right now, and I recieved your pic in April.
2023-12-27 00:12
PAL

It's very sad to witness the downward spiral of this thread – personal releases delayed (?), disgust over differing opinions, what others create and find fun and the always assumption of the worst. This is precisely why a document signed by the absolutely "elite" pixel artists, dictating a join-sign-or-else stance, is a terrible idea, despite the document's valid and sensible content. Without the signing it could actually work, and it do almost today, allready.

Let's wrap up with some Neil Young wisdom that I think fit perfectly:

There's colors on the street
Red, white and blue
People shufflin' their feet
People sleepin' in their shoes
But there's a warnin' sign on the road ahead
There's a lot of people sayin' we'd be better off dead
Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them
So I try to forget it any way I can

Keep on rockin' in the free world
2023-12-27 07:54
Hein

Here we are, groups of pixel artists that despise eachother. Oh well, nothing changed, only that it's out in the open now. Maybe that's a good thing after all.
2023-12-27 09:28
LMan

Nope I still love you all. Can't be the only one, surely?

Peace.
2023-12-27 20:05
Nim

Quoting Hein
Here we are, groups of pixel artists that despise eachother. Oh well, nothing changed, only that it's out in the open now. Maybe that's a good thing after all.

Oh come now, I'm sure we can separate the topic from the person? Nothing wrong with a little passion 😉
2023-12-27 20:56
Hein

Quoting Nim
Quoting Hein

Oh come now, I'm sure we can separate the topic from the person? Nothing wrong with a little passion 😉

What was the topic again? ;)
2023-12-27 22:37
CreaMD

@Hein

Graphics on C64 demoscene: Guide of Ethics – a Proposal

Dear fellow sceners,

This is an attempt to get more understanding among, and for, C64 demoscene pixel artists. It’s not written to limit anyone, but a prayer for more transparency.

Read the document here: ->Graphics on C64 demoscene: Guide of Ethics – a Proposal<-

We tried to give define and value different processes. Which is a result of discussion, where we saw mutual grounds and felt the need to write these down.
We will update the document periodically, when enough input has been gathered and sorted out.

We’d really love to hear your thoughts on the subjects in the document.
Please post them in this thread.

(Personally I will not always fully comply to these guidelines myself, but I will continue to be transparant about it. However, I do agree with the values communicated in this document.)

Sander/Focus
2023-12-28 02:56
Raistlin

Quote: @Joe: why not form a gfx group and set new standards? Like MSL for gfx. The scene needs and loves em all, pros, amateurs and even lamers.

Amateur is supposed to be a positive word btw.

Coders need these groups too… musicians have them, graphicians -have- had them in the part (DiArt etc I believe?)… coders are just underrepresented :p .. coders should be in 10 different groups at the same time too :p

Anyway, sorry, I took this careering semi truck of a thread off course … back to the chaos of whatever the current topic was.
2023-12-29 10:06
Jetboy

There is one simple fact we need to face:

We are all getting obsolete quickly.

No amount of petitions will change that. So have fun while you still can.
Previous - 1 | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Brataccas/HF
dstar
Flex/Artline Designs
PAL/Offence, Fairlig..
Guests online: 87
Top Demos